The Prison Ministry (PM) serves inmates, their families and staff in Colorado jails and prisons. The ministry has 5 branches; Jail/Prison Missionaries, Family Support, Prayer, Aftercare and Correspondence.
- Jail/ Prison Missionaries deliver regular church services currently in Denver County Jail and Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility in Ordway, Colorado. They are also available to provide encouragement, hope and prayer to inmates in other facilities upon request.
- Family Support is provided by connecting families through the Angel Tree gift program to resources through Prison Fellowship and other programs in the community. Workshops are also available to help the inmate and family reconnect after they have been released.
- Prayer coverage for the inmates, their families and facility staff is provided by the PM prayer team in conjunction with the CITC/BA intercessory prayer team.
- Aftercare provides connections with inmates to community- based programs for ongoing support.
- Correspondence responds to the prayer requests of inmates in facilities throughout Colorado, offering them hope and encouragement.
Ministry Mission: Bringing the good news of the Gospel and the love of Jesus/Yeshua to all those impacted because of incarceration.
Ministry Focus Scripture: Luke 4:18-19 NIV
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
Ministry Leaders: Tom & Collette Pella